Pray for our Muslims Neighbors
Version 1.1 5/28/2014 – http://www.EthnicEmbraceUSA.net
1. The Quran, Islam’s holy book, begins with a prayer: “Guide us to the straight path” – a prayer of seeking
the path that leads to salvation. Jesus (Isa) said that He alone was the way, the truth and the life. Isa alone provides the “straight path” that leads to life. PRAY that Muslims might receive the Good News with gladness, putting their faith in Jesus as the “straight path” they seek.
2. Muslims believe that Isa, according to the Quran, is a wonderful, humble, generous messenger of God
who came down and revealed God’s words to his people. The Quran says Allah (Arabic for God) sent
“the Gospel (Injil) before this, as a guidance…” PRAY that Muslims would understand that Jesus is the Living Word who came to reveal the truth of God’s love for them.
3. Muhammad, the prophet of Islam, spoke of the resurrection of Isa: “Isa said…’And peace was on me the
day I was born, and peace will be on me the day I shall die, and the day I shall be raised up to life again.’
That was Jesus, son of Mary. This is a statement of the truth…” PRAY for Muslims to know the resurrection power of Jesus and put their faith in the Risen Savior.
4. Muslims have been taught that the Bible has been corrupted, however the Quran says: “He sent down
to you this scripture, truthfully, confirming all previous scriptures, and He sent down the Torah and the
Gospel.” It is an affront to Muslims that anything of God’s can be corrupted and many Muslims when
they begin to read the Bible discover the Truth of God’s Word. PRAY Muslims would be opened to read the Bible so that they might discover the Gospel is for them.
5. Many Muslims are having dreams of Jesus and are coming to faith through these dreams. There are
documented testimonies of this happening around the world and even in the USA. PRAY that these dreams would increase for Muslims revealing to them the King of kings and the Lord of Lord who is Jesus Christ.
6. Many Muslims are open to having spiritual conversations when they arrive in the USA. Many want to know about and understand Christianity but they view the decadent American culture as Christian.
PRAY that Muslims might encounter a faithful witness to the righteousness, grace, love and salvation that is in Jesus Christ our Lord.
Pray For the Church:
7. It is reported that most Muslims do not know a Christian, or have a Christian friend, but it is the
call of Christ followers to be “Welcomers” of foreigners in our nation. PRAY that many
Christians would understand the Biblical call to welcome the strangers next door so that they
become strangers no more. Exodus 22:21, 23:9, Leviticus 19:23-24, Matthew 25:35
8. There is a clear anti-Muslim bias in the USA, including among many Christians, but it is our call
as Christ followers to love even our “enemies.” On the other hand, over 96% of Muslims who
come to faith say it was because of the love of a Christian. PRAY that Christians would receive a
supernatural love for Muslims so that they might come to know the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord. Matthew 5:43-44, Luke 6:27, 1 John 4:7
9. There are at least 30 Muslim people groups in the USA with populations greater than 8,500, and
many smaller groups, representing an estimated Muslim population of 2.3 million today. It is
the command of Christ that they are reached with the Good News of Jesus Christ. But many
Muslims live without this saving knowledge because Christians remain unsure of how to share
their faith cross-culturally. PRAY that many more Christ followers would understand their call and get equipped to share the love of Jesus effectively with Muslims. Matthew 24:14, Mark 16:15
10. There are over 1.6 billion Muslims worldwide, representing a large portion of the remaining
task of Unreached People Groups of the world. Many of these Muslim peoples live in “closed”
countries with little or no access to the Gospel. But Jesus commands his followers to go into all
the world to make disciples of all nations. PRAY for many more Christians to rise up in boldness,in the power of the Spirit, to go out into the hard to reach places with the Gospel. Matthew 28:19-20,Acts 1:8 Can you add to or improve these prayer points? Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with any edits or suggestions.
“For it is for this we labor & strive, because we have fixed our hope on the living God, who is the Savior of all men, especially of believers” 1 Timothy 4:10
“For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the powers, against the world forces of this darkness, against the spiritual forces of wickedness in the heavenly places.” Ephesians 6:12
“For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war according to the flesh, for the weapons of our warfare are not of the flesh, but divinely powerful for the destruction of fortresses. We are destroying speculations and every lofty thing raised up against the knowledge of God, and we are taking every thought captive to the obedience of Christ,” 2 Corinthians 10:3-5